From the UofC website:
Originally a satellite of the University of Alberta, the University of Calgary, or "U of C" is a complete research university that has emerged a one of the most respected institutions in Canada. Combining university traditions with the vibrant energy and diversity found throughout the city of Calgary, the U of C aims to provide a strong academic foundation for students looking to acquire a set of skills that can prepare them for a successful personal and professional life.
The U of C offers all high school applicants who earn an early admission average of 80.0% or greater a U of C Academic Merit Admission Award of $500. This award is given to all students who have a final admission average of 80.0% or greater.
Housing: Welcome to Residence Life at U of C Our student residences at the University of Calgary are far more than a convenient place to live on campus: they provide the best opportunity to become an active, high achieving member of the university community. Within residence you will find opportunities to attend academic programs and develop a range of valuable personal skills while living in a safe, respectful community comprised of a diverse group of people. It is not uncommon for students living in residence to meet friends that last for a lifetime!
- internet and telephone service provided for all residents
- new academic lounges in Kananaskis and Rundle Halls
- Community Advisors on every floor in our dormitories with two advisors in each apartment building in Phase II and Phase III. Cascade Hall (Phase IV) has two Community Advisors on each floor.
- Athletic Opportunities in Residence (AOR) which provides a chance to get involved in planning athletic events in residence
- Residence Academic Mentoring Program (RAMP) which provides drop in academic assistance for first year students and leadership opportunities for upper year students
- a new programming model that compliments the University's Academic Plan “Raising our Sights” and supports theories of student involvement and development